Effective Date: October 1, 2015
We at Parcel2Go.com Ltd along with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Parcel2Go”), respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information. In addition, we tell you how you can ask us to (i) access or change the personal information we maintain about you, (ii) withdraw consent you previously provided to us, (iii) refrain from sending you certain communications, and (iv) answer questions you may have about our privacy practices. This notice does not apply to The UPS Store or any other retail location.
Select one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
Information We Obtain
We may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the UPSToday.com websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pickup of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, and (v) promotions and other offers. We process names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information on the assumption that the person who provided the information obtained it in accordance with applicable law. If this assumption is incorrect, please do not ask us to send information to third parties on your behalf. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the shipper’s and consignee’s name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) Parcel2Go account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content
- Information that enables us to verify an individual’s identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access Parcel2Go products and services
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through Parcel2Go-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (including third-party login services such as “Login with Facebook”)
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use certain features of our apps
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or sweepstakes
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a Parcel2Go product or service
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with Parcel2Go-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain and store “clickstream data” to tell us usage patterns. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or apps. Both we and others (such as our advertising networks) may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites, when using our websites and apps. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information by automated means using cookies or similar devices.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance and brokerage services, and financial services)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Establish and manage your Parcel2Go account (including your online account on UPSToday.com and its various features, such as the address book and the Parcel2Go Billing Center)
- Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with Parcel2Go through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites, and apps; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and apps, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites and apps, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your ZIP or postal code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites and apps, identify users of our websites and apps, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our websites and apps to better meet the needs of our users. Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
If we use your information for marketing purposes (as described in the Privacy Notice), you may object to the use of your information for such purposes, free of charge and in a simple manner, at the time of its collection and at the time of each marketing communication to you. We will honor your request. We will not provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
On our websites and apps, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our pick-up and delivery services, we share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payors and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions.
We also may share the personal information we obtain with UPS Ltd., which may use and share the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We and UPS Ltd. may share physical location data with third parties to, for example, enhance location-based services and develop accurate and up-to-date maps. In addition, except as described below, unless you object, we and UPS Ltd. may share other personal information with third parties for those parties’ own purposes, such as to offer products or services that may interest you.
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and Parcel2Go is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, selecting the Email Unsubscribe link below, or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. Consistent with the choices available in the “Information We Share” section, you may withdraw your consent or object to certain information sharing by selecting the Privacy Preferences Center link below or by contacting us as indicated below. In addition, as required by law, you may object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
Privacy Preferences Centre
To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit the consumer opt-out page at:
View the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your account on UPSToday.com or (ii) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below. In addition to the right to access and correct your personal information, you have the right to have your information blocked or deleted in accordance with applicable law.
Non-UPSToday.com Places and Services
For your convenience and information, our websites and apps may contain links to non-UPSToday.com places that may be operated by companies not affiliated with Parcel2Go. These companies may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. Our services also may be made available to you through third-party platforms (such as providers of app stores) or through other third-party channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-UPSToday.com places or services.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a package or letter may be visible to others.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us here